Position: Glazier (Full Time/ Permanent)
Salary: $25.00/Hourly for 40 hours/week
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Education: Completion of secondary school is required
Positions Available: 1
Experience: At least 2 years of experience in glazing (commercial) preferred or completion of 3 year apprenticeship program.
Good diagnostic skills,
Ability to work and communicate with others,
Ability to instruct apprentices and new workers,
Ability to obey and follow company safety rules
• Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine type, color, thickness of glass or mirror, and determine installation procedure and material required.
• Measure, mark, cut, bevel, grind or polish glass, using glass cutting, notching, sandblasting and grinding tools.
• Decorate and create designs or patterns on or under glass.
• Cut, fit, install, repair, or replace different types of glass or glass substitutes in building interiors or exteriors or other glass supporting products or structures.
• Position glass panes into frames and secure glass using clips, points or mouldings for glass installation, using wooden, aluminum or vinyl framing adding weather seals or putty around pane edges to seal joints.
• Ensure site and workplace safety